Saturday, January 8, 2011

July


Well since I can't seem to find the video that I was trying to post with the last post (the upload didn't work for some reason..grr) and I was looking through memory cards from my camera, I figured I'd post about July, which I never did. Hey, I'm only 6 months late. Plus, on this cold dark wintry day with blowing snow and a expected windchill tonight of -29C, I can dream of warmer days...not that it was all too warm for most of the month.

So this was while Dave was in Haiti and I was 5 months pregnant. Jon, Meghan, and I went for a 'hike' in Nosehill park one Saturday when it was nice out. This park is right in the 'city' but you'd never know it from the photo above. Here's another one with me in my most athletic maternity gear...jeans and a tshirt! Can you tell I wasn't one for working out while pregnant...
Also notable in July was the Stampede - 'the greatest rodeo show on earth' or something like that. Too bad I didn't go to the rodeo or the show (it was 12C and blowing rain, so they cancelled the show we had tickets for - which I was very happy about actually because the thought of sitting outside in the cold rain for 3 hours in a coat that wouldn't do up over my belly was enough to make me cry.

However, Jon and Meghan and I went to the Stampede on another day (that day was about 14C and raining...). I had my first (and last) corn dog.
It was disgusting. We both threw them out shortly after this photo was taken. Why do people like those things?
Jon played a shooting game, but didn't win - though he got close. Meghan said he looked like a serial killer.
And I got my picture taken with a real RCMP - with my citizenship card! I'm a real Canadian now!
What a month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, July. Seems so long ago. And I still can't believe how cold it was there.

    ReplyDelete